So I finally decided what my next recipe would be….A chocolate chip pizookie!!!! A pizookie is basically a giant cookie that is chewy in the middle and crunchy on the outside…this recipe could also be used for making cookies.
1 Cup Unsalted Butter
2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
1 1/4 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Around 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (Depending on own taste)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 f
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Sift together the flour, Salt and Baking Soda. Set aside.
- Pour the melted butter in a large bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of milk and vanilla extract to the sugar butter mixture and mix.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until roughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet, OR spread dough on the bottom of a large pie tin. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve cookies or cool and store. Top the pizookie with vanilla ice cream and serve.